Grant applications are considered once a year by the Foundation Board. The Foundation welcomes and considers grant requests for program initiatives, capital requests, or operating needs. No letters of inquiry are necessary. The key steps and timetable are described below. Applications are only accepted through our on-line grant system. An application form (for your review only) in Word format can be downloaded at bottom of this page.
Steps in Grant Process
- All grant applications must be submitted via our on-line grant system between November 1st and December 15th for the following year’s grant awards.
- The Foundation notifies applicants of grant decisions by April 1st for that grant year by both email and letter.
- Applicants chosen to be funded will need to sign a letter of acceptance sent on April 1st before payment is made.
- Grant payments will be sent out by no later than May 1st of that grant year once Foundation has received acceptance letter.
- Applicants who receive funding must submit a final narrative and financial report before April 30th of the following year in order to be eligible for future grants from the Foundation.
Click here to access our on-line grant system. The on-line grant system will allow you to register and fill out the form during Nov. 1 – Dec. 15. You may save your work and continue to edit until you are ready to submit. Keep in mind that any communication regarding your submission will be made to the email address given when you sign into the on-line grant system.
Guidelines and Requirements
Grant-seekers can determine if their approach and funding needs are consistent with the Foundation’s interests by checking the Shavlik Foundation Grant Guidelines for 2016 document. Grant-seekers must be a 501 [c]  nonprofit. We do not accept grants from individuals or those using a fiscal sponsor. No applications will be accepted via paper or through the post office or e-mail. Grant awards may be for the full amount requested or some other amount as determined by the Foundation.
Grant-seekers are welcome to contact the Foundation by email with questions or to discuss their ideas with the Foundation except during our grant decision process. Due to the number of grants we receive, we will not communicate with grant applicants during the grant decision process between December 16th and March 30th. Your application once submitted is the only thing considered in our decision. Thanks in advance for your understanding. Please note: We are a small family foundation without staff, so if you email us with questions, please understand that there may be a delay in our response time. You can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposals that are funded have to submit a Shavlik-report-requirements-2017 report, including both narrative and financial information before April 30th of the following year of their grant award in order to be considered for future grants from the Foundation.
Download the Full Grant Proposal Requirements:
The Grant Application requirements can be viewed in a Word Document for your review below: